Student: Le Minh Long
Registered University: Can Tho University
The main aim of this project is to evaluate capacity of plants for phytoextraction and phytodegradation of organic pollutants in aquaculture water. The study will evaluate the ability of extraction and degradation of organic waste products from intensive aquaculture ponds by macrophytes in the Mekong Delta
There are five main parts in the project as listed following (1) determining type and concentration of antibiotics being used in intensive aquaculture ponds in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam; (2) screening plants for phytoremediation in aquaponic and sediment condition; (3) evaluate effect of plant density on phytoremediation; (4) evaluate capacity of phyto-extraction and -degradation of antibiotic; and (5) evaluation of nutrient and antibiotic removal in effluent of intensive catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) culture by constructed wetlands.
1) Le Minh Long, Hans Brix, Do Thi Thanh Huong and Ngo Thuy Diem Trang, 2014. Status of chemical and antibiotic use in intensive catfish pangasianodon hypophthamus farms in Cantho city, Vietnam. Journal of Science and Technology 52 (3A), 330-335. ISSN 0866 708X.
2) Le Minh Long, Hans Brix and Ngo Thuy Diem Trang, 2015. Status of chemical and antibiotic use in intensive catfish pangasianodon hypophthamus farms in An Giang Province, Vietnam. Journal of Science An Giang University, Vol. 4 (4), 19-25. ISSN 0866 8086.
3) Le Minh Long, Hans Brix and Ngo Thuy Diem Trang, 2015. Status of chemical and antibiotic use in intensive catfish pangasianodon hypophthamus farms in Dong Thap Province, Vietnam. Can Tho University Journal of Science. Special Issue. 18-25. ISSN 1859-2333. (in Vietnamese),
1) International Forum on Green Technology and Managament 2014 (IFGTM 2014). Can Tho University. Sept. 16, 2015
2) Conference on Solutions for aquaculture environmenbtal protection in the Southern part of Vietnam. Soc Trang province. Nov. 2-4, 2014
3) Conference on Effect of striped catfish farming on wetland in the Mekong river delta. Can Tho city. May 26, 2016
Training course attended
1) WWF-CTU Training in Wetland Management in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam. Can Tho University. Nov. 23-27, 2015.